Monday, July 26, 2010

Hope

I have been asking God to help me fill my mind and heart with His promises and His Word instead of the lies and despair that so easily creep in. Here are a few verses on hope that He has given me that have been encouraging and strengthening.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."


Titus 2:11-14

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works."


Psalm 16:9-11

"Therefore my heart is glad and my whole being rejoices. My flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to m e the path of life. In Your presence there is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."


Revelation 21:4-5

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And He who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also He said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."


Romans 8:26

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."


Psalm 62:5-8

"For God alone, o my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, o people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us."


1 Peter 1:3-7

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."


Ephesians 2:19

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and members of the household of God"


Romans 8:37-39

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Romans 5:1-5

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."


Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."


James 1:2-4

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."


Romans 12:2

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable, and perfect."


1 John 1:15-17

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world - the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions - is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."


1 Corintians 15:33

"Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals."


Romans 15:13

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."


I know that was a lot of different references, but they just encouraged me a lot and helped me to keep my focus on walking a path of surrender and obedience to God. And staying focused on the peace and everlasting joy that comes with being a daughter of the King. I am a member of God's family - adopted and loved and cherished! Even if I experience rejection and temptation and sorrow and failure, God loves me and forgives me no matter what, and credits Christ's perfect life and redeeming death to me and only sees Christ when He looks at me. I don't deserve such overwhelming, unconditional love, but I sure am grateful more and more each day that it has been given to me!

1 comment:

  1. I always meant to tell you what a blessing this posting was to me. LOVE all those precious promises re: the hope we have in Christ. Thanks so much for sharing your heart and God's word with us, Katie. I do love you!

    ReplyDelete